A couple of weeks ago, I sent an email to each of the four Candidates requesting their views on several Valley issues. If you would like to see my questions and their responses, let me know.
Within 4 hours, I had a detailed response from Shelly Jenkins
Within 12 hours, I had a detailed response from Jan Zogmaister
About 5 days later, I received a brief response from Bill Hansen which stated, "Please call me," then listed a number.
To date, I have not received a response from the incumbent (Ken Bischof) who is seeking his third term.
Next, I attended the Meet the Candidates open house on November 1st which was hosted by the Ogden Valley News (thanks Shanna and Jeannie.)
All Commission candidates except for Bill Hansen were in attendance and I met three capable and qualified candidates.
I have also studied campaign literature and feel the two candidates who would best represent the County, especially Ogden Valley, will be
Shelly Jenkins and Jan Zogmaister.
They are both extremely well qualified and experienced, and above all they are approachable. There is no question in my mind that both candidates doors will be open to EVERYONE - residents, developers, business owners, etc.
I also feel that two terms is more than enough for any political office - new blood is good!
One last point, I don’t feel there are any political party issues at the county level and I am certain these two great candidates would work great together in concert with Commissioner Dearden, but I am also convinced they would provide the appropriate checks and balances.
Sincerely,
Richard Sorensen
Huntsville
PS If you wish to contact either candidate, their email addresses are:
Shelly Jenkins psshelly@comcast.net
Jan Zogmaister jzogmaister@qwest.net
I am sure they would be more than willing to answer your questions/concerns, although November 7th is rapidly approaching